MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: where the theme file imported in Cpanel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys..
i'm wondering when i uploaded a new theme to my forum in MyBB control panel where does it go?
i mean i uploaded a theme and i edited on it
but now i found that there is something to edit it in the code but i want to download the file theme after editing then i edit it in my computer after that i upload it again
where can i find the theme file?
i searched in Cpanel Forum files but i didn't find anything but image file of the theme!! Sad
actually installed theme is not available as a single file through file manager.
theme's codes are stored in database.
theme's codes can be edited through templates system available through forum admin panel

see templates guidance
(2016-11-08, 09:24 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]actually installed theme is not available as a single file through file manager.
theme's codes are stored in database.
theme's codes can be edited through templates system available through forum admin panel

see templates guidance

OMG Huh
isn't there anyway to get it from the database?
because if i edit it from template system it will be a hard work Sad there are more than 35 code in the style to edit it
Login Your forum
go to admin control Panel

[Image: image.png]
click Template and styles

[Image: image.png]
click export a theme

download XML theme file

and edit on notepad++
IMO, editing through templates system is easy & convenient process !
anyway, a theme can be exported in xml format & it can be edited using any editor

see https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/Admin-CP-Themes/#Export_Theme
Should only custom stylesheets be included? --> select No
Should the customized templates be included with the exported theme? --> select yes
thank you so much you both <3 you helped me so much thanks