MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto login from another website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Total NOOB here

I've got MyBB with SQLIte all working perfectly, it's a cracking piece of software.

Question:
I have a website that requires the users to login, once in I want them to be able to click a link to go straight to MyBB without having to login again 
IE one login to both Website and MyBB

thanks

ttfn
It won't be possible if you are using SQLite instead of MySQL. Except if both websites are on the same server and both have access to the SQLite file, which I doubt.

If you migrate to MySQL, it is possible but it will require some work. You may want to ask on "Plugin requests" forum with detailed information about the non-MyBB site. But do not excpect it for free.
Hi

I was kinda hoping for something like this :-

myWebsite user + password = martii + orange
myBB user + password = martii + orange

Setup so that both have the same details.

Then when logged into my site have a link a bit like this :-

.....forum/Login.php?user=martii&pwd=orange

ttfn
You don't send user and password thought the URL, NEVER.

Btw, that's not how it should work. That scheme will require the user to use always the same password for both sites, and any user will ever care about that. The way to go is to create some custom code to change password in both sites if you change it in any of them... that includes passwords resets, manual password change by user, ACP password change, etc...

Then, the login on MyBB site and vice-versa could be achieved by a cross-domain AJAX request. There are many ways to do this, but I think this would work fine and it's not that difficult to implement. I never did it, so maybe I missed some cons.