MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen some stuff online about putting portal.php on the root directory and the mybb installation on a subdirectory...but some odd reason...I'm having problems with getting the javascript to work on the Majestic after moving the portal.php to the root and renaming it to index.php for a landing/homepage.

Is there a way of fixing the issue with this?
What is the problem you are facing ?
What are you trying to do exactly? Migrate the portal to a separate directory or make it the homepage when someone visits your forum?

Let us know.
What's your URL? You may need to update some paths in the JavaScript.
The URL is in my signature. But, it's not scrolling the announcement bar or the latest threads, within the theme. This is the theme I have on there.

http://myskins.org/mydownloads.php?actio...own&did=22

I changed the portal.php to being the landing/homepage off the forum path.

domain/forum is the forum

domain/index.php is the landing/homepage which is still the portal.php
Looking at the console, there are several errors:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (maj.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (tipsy.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (classie.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (tipsy.js, line 0)

Can you paste your headerinclude template please? It looks like it needs updating to use {$mybb->asset_url} as the base path for these resources.
Ended up looking at the coding again in the headerinclude...and fixing the problem with uploading the images of the theme back to the root directory.