MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble with password after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the upgrade to 1.8.8 I've had several posters get the message that their password was incorrect and then when they tried to insert the randomly generated password they received it didn't work either. They finally gave up and created new accounts, which I later merged with their own.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? Or know why it happened? Most posters have been able to log in without difficulty after the upgrade. I sent myself for new generated passwords and had no issues. But it just can't be a coincidence that so many had exactly the same problem post upgrade.
Did you make core edits for BCrypt functionality? That could be it, if so these core edits will need to be re-added. We had a similar issue with Forum Authority.
(2016-11-13, 08:06 PM)katos Wrote: [ -> ]Did you make core edits for BCrypt functionality? That could be it, if so these core edits will need to be re-added. We had a similar issue with Forum Authority.

I don't even know what BCrypt functionality is, so no.

One of the posters who had issues and who created a new account to get past the problem, is now experiencing exactly the same problem again.
What version of php are you using? Currently are you getting any SQL issues? What plugins are you using?

Have you disabled the plugins?
Paste a list of your plugins here along with your forum URL please.
Well, the poster who was having trouble again yesterday may have forgotten to capitalize her user name. I'll give it some time and see if anyone is still having trouble. If so, I'll come back here and provide the information you guys are asking for.

Thank you for now!

php version: 5.4.43

SQL engine: MySQLi 5.6.32

Do any of these need upgrading?
Nothing like that would need upgrading - with the user who didn't capitalise their username, did it work for them whey they did? The tables are created to be case insensitive so that shouldn't make a difference, if it worked with the correct case, it sounds like you've modified your tables to make them case sensitive, which may explain the issue.
It appears myBB has been changed so that if the system contains multiple users with a single email adress it is no longer possible to allow people to login by email. Is there a method for determining which emails are shared by multiple users so I can purge my system since I want this functionality? I need a method which can be done on the entire member list. I presume this requires an SQL query.

The above seems to be the cause of the login issue we have been having as my members used to be able to login by either username or email, but it is no longer possible to login by email after the upgrade. The system doesn't allow me to change login method as we have earlier allowed multiple user accounts per email address.