MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Page - Default Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I removed some parts from registration page inorder to make registering much easier and simple.

Basically it was like this before:
http://i.hizliresim.com/8PnPdW.jpg

Now it's looking like this:
http://i.hizliresim.com/YqPqNE.jpg

I thought removing those options from that area helps, simplifying interface.
The thing is as you can see from the 1st picture, "do you want to get PM from other users? do you want to get email from admins?" questions have preselected values, some are ticked, some aren't.

Other than that as you can see there are GMT +3 preselected.

I noticed after I removed that part, users who got registered have EVERY option disabled, so basically as default they don't want to get PMs from other users, they don't want to get emails from admins etc. and instead of GMT +3 they now have GMT as default.

How can I fix this issue? Help would be appreciated.
Refer to this post. Basically, if you completely remove the inputs instead of changing their types to hidden, there is no way the datahandler can set the default values because they are not sent to the server anymore.
What you mean there by "change them to hidden type inputs with default values" ?
For example, from:

<select name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod">
	<option value="0" {$no_auto_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
	<option value="1" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_subscribe}</option>
	<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
	<option value="3" {$instant_pm_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_pm_subscribe}</option>
</select>

To:

<input type="hidden" name="subscriptionmethod" value="2" />

This will make the subscription method "by email, instantly" by default for registered users. Remember – the "name" refers to the option you want to add a default value to and the "value" refers to its default value.