MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hot to customize Mybb forum front page to display custom threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A m having problem with setting my forum front page. I want a front page like http://www.lovetinz.com but i just couldn't figure it out. My forum is http://www.moral24.com... Please any help[ will really be appreciated.. Thanks
Have you tried using the portal? - And making your portal the primary page?

I suggest making a new forum called "Featured" and all posts you want featured, you move to the "Featured" forum.

Alright so do the following:

Create a new forum called "Featured" or "Featured Posts" (Where you want to put it is up to you)

Then

Enable the portal:
 Configuration -> Settings -> Portal Settings -> Enable

Make sure "Forums to pull announcements from" in the Portal Settings are set to NONE

Then.

Make sure all of the following settings are set to "NO"

1. Show the Welcome box
  2. Show the number of PMs to users
  3. Show forum statistics
  4. Show Who's Online
  5. Show Search Box
Set "Show Latest Discussions" to "YES"

Then.

Look at "Number of latest discussions to show" and set it to how many posts you want to show in the list.

Then.

Look at "Forums to exclude latest discussions from" click on "Select forums" and select the "Featured" forum you created.

Then.

Click "Save Settings"

Next.

Head to Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Select your Theme. -> Click "Options" -> Click "Expand Templates"

Next.

While in "Expand Templates" look for "Portal Templates" and click "Expand"

Next.

While in Portal Templates, find "portal" and click "Options" then click on "Full Edit"

Next.

Depending on YOUR theme, and how YOUR theme is set up, it SHOULD look something like this:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_announcements} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?portal=1" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_announcements} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?portal=1&type=atom1.0" />
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="100%;">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}
{$multipage}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Next.

Look for this code:

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="24px">

Next.

When you found that code or something similar, edit THIS:

Quote:<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">

to

Quote:<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">

<tr><td valign="top" width="100%;">

Next.

Click "Save and Return to Listing"

Next.

Now you need to set the portal as the main page (home page). For this, I suggest reading these posts:

https://community.mybb.com/post-1131856.html

https://community.mybb.com/post-679964.html

Finished

Instructions: When you want to show a post on that list, simply move the thread you want to feature to the "Featured" forum you created.
(2016-11-19, 12:34 AM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using the portal?  - And making your portal the primary page?

I suggest making a new forum called "Featured" and all posts you want featured, you move to the "Featured" forum.

Alright so do the following:

Create a new forum called "Featured" or "Featured Posts" (Where you want to put it is up to you)

Then

Enable the portal:
 Configuration -> Settings -> Portal Settings -> Enable

Make sure "Forums to pull announcements from" in the Portal Settings are set to NONE

Then.

Make sure all of the following settings are set to "NO"

1. Show the Welcome box
  2. Show the number of PMs to users
  3. Show forum statistics
  4. Show Who's Online
  5. Show Search Box
Set "Show Latest Discussions" to "YES"

Then.

Look at "Number of latest discussions to show" and set it to how many posts you want to show in the list.

Then.

Look at "Forums to exclude latest discussions from" click on "Select forums" and select the "Featured" forum you created.

Then.

Click "Save Settings"

Next.

Head to Templates & Styles -> Templates -> Select your Theme. -> Click "Options" -> Click "Expand Templates"

Next.

While in "Expand Templates" look for "Portal Templates" and click "Expand"

Next.

While in Portal Templates, find "portal" and click "Options" then click on "Full Edit"

Next.

Depending on YOUR theme, and how YOUR theme is set up, it SHOULD look something like this:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_announcements} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?portal=1" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_announcements} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?portal=1&type=atom1.0" />
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<tr><td valign="top" width="100%;">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}
{$multipage}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Next.

Look for this code:

Next.

When you found that code or something similar, edit THIS:

to

<tr><td valign="top" width="100%;">

Next.

Click "Save and Return to Listing"

Next.

Now you need to set the portal as the main page (home page). For this, I suggest reading these posts:

https://community.mybb.com/post-1131856.html

https://community.mybb.com/post-679964.html

Finished

Instructions: When you want to show a post on that list, simply move the thread you want to feature to the "Featured" forum you created.

Whaoo... thank you so much, i really appreciate..... let me go and try it
No problem, let me know how it goes.