MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked out of my own forum & reset pw not working!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Either doesn't send any email at all, or tells me it's 'not a valid email' - but it is.

Help pls!!

Site is 

http://www.groupracers.co.uk/index.php

Thanks if you can help
If you have access to your phpMyAdmin, go in and change the email address, but do not touch the passwords (they have encryption so don't screw with them)
Make a random account & make a simple password you can remember, go into PHPMyAdmin & copy the encrypted password from the new profile to the admin profile & the password will change to that of the new account.
(2016-11-21, 04:16 PM)[PMC] John Wrote: [ -> ]Make a random account & make a simple password you can remember, go into PHPMyAdmin & copy the encrypted password from the new profile to the admin profile & the password will change to that of the new account.

Sorry - random account on my own site you mean? They can only be created by *me*, Admin, for other people, and I can't get in!! and PHPMyAdmin? on what site pls? Admin profile on my own is only accessible to 2nd admin.

2nd admin will try to help when he gets out of meeting, but could be a long time, and I'm worried that in my attempting to re-set the pw, he may not be able to get in either ...
PM me
Well Admin no. 2 got home and got me in by creating a new account for me, including Admin as primary group, so at least I'm on site and have access to Admin CP.

However, neither of us is able to change the password of my original account, as we just keep getting the error message "You do not have permission to edit this user because you are not a super administrator."  Have looked everywhere and cannot find this category of user?  I do want to go back to my old username because of the associated post history (about 13,000!) not to mention PMs.  Anyone got any ideas about how to do so pls?

Thanks, & thanks for trying Zaqre & John
You are using 1.6 which is no longer supported by the MyBB group, we recommend that you upgrade to 1.8 as soon as possible.
Morning all - update -

Thankfully, problem resolved by my old Tech Support man kindly coming out of retirement to do a magic spell - what he said he did was  "I have found a backup I had taken and pasted the encrypted password into your Ryor account."

This sounds rather like what John & Zaqre had suggested, for which many thanks, but which I couldn't do myself.

How much tech savviness does it take to update to 1.8 pls?

Thanks for all help offered, appreciated.

Ry
^ please see upgrading guidance
(2016-11-22, 10:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ please see upgrading guidance

Thanks - certainly way beyond my level of ability tho!
Pages: 1 2