MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trust Scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

These days Internet is Full of scammers, Fake peoples and due to this everyone getting in problem and feeling unsafe to browse the forums and another sections of internet and they are really confused whom to trust and not. Reputations system help peoples to find some trusted members of forum but it also not help more.

I founded some popular forum they also use MYBB but they have custom additional function called trust scan which show details explanation about the members of the forum so peoples can believe them before making a conversation or deal with them. (Example Hackforums)

Screenshot :

[Image: 34440d31ef2943a496ef81d99c3175c0.png]

[Image: 63f3488288384c6891cf516ab1512ae6.png]

If this Features built in Mybb 2.0 then it will going to make a big change and result in decreasing the fake profile and scammers. I and other member will feel happy to have this features and i feel more happy to see this features in mybb 1.8.9 (Next version)

Plugin request thread : https://community.mybb.com/thread-206361.html

Please comment and what is your suggestion about my thought.
I'll say it nicely before other people come in and just start rambling about "this and that" and "forums work this way not that way."

1. The idea is different and decent Big Grin
2. Yes, that is what the "reputation" system is for, HOWEVER, not everyone uses it (a core feature with barely anyone using it [Yes, that's my opinion but also observation])

3. I wouldn't necessarily say "account" age would be a huge factor in deciding trust. You could say have a REALLY great programmer but people won't trust him because they will not have the proper account age.

4. I love the idea about the Deal Disputes.

It is a very nice idea that any forum selling content (much like this one) can use. Yes there is a reputation system, but if people used it, people's reputations would be well over 15,000 - and that's the problem, people don't use it so you cannot get a decent and accurate representation of a user based on reputation (some people don't care to give reputation).
IMO this is far better suited as a plugin as the vast majority of forums would have no use for it.
Great idea for a plugin. Good luck validating everything on your list (uber status?).
Quote:IMO this is far better suited as a plugin as the vast majority of forums would have no use for it.

Agreed. Also note that my plugin relies on multiple other plugins. So it's very unlikely someone can build as a plugin this let alone make it for 2.0 feature.

When I code stuff into my site now I try to do stuff that's original. Even better if it can't be copied easily. So much of my work is copied and while that's slightly flattering it also makes it appear that my site isn't as original as it truly is. So I stopped sharing my work. Many forums now just clone what I've done and expect to have a popular forum. That's not how it works.

I encourage forum admins to think outside the box and come up with original concepts of their own.
(2016-11-21, 09:57 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Many forums now just clone what I've done and expect to have a popular forum.  That's not how it works.

It's not just your forum that gets copied... and it's a disappointment for sure.

(2016-11-21, 09:57 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I encourage forum admins to think outside the box and come up with original concepts of their own.

I like to think that I have/am - because I don't like being the same as everyone else. This hobby/job is reliant on moving forward, coming up with new ways for your staff and members to be involved, and if you're copying everyone else it simply won't.
(2016-11-21, 07:13 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]IMO this is far better suited as a plugin as the vast majority of forums would have no use for it.

I think this features is useful for most of peoples and forum admin. This features is suitable for almost all type of Business, Forum topics, Niches, Category .

I request you to please take a look again. this is one of the most important features we need in mybb forum platform which make it more secure and reducing the scammer, spammer, Fake profile and making internet clean and safe.
Hi,

Your MyBB 2.0 suggestion has unfortunately been rejected. Your suggestion does not fit with the direction that MyBB is heading in as a project at this time.