MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Expandable Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is a Feature Suggestion for MyBB 2.0 .
When people make long quotes sometime it decreases the page loading speed .
It is good to add a Expand to View Feature in Mybb 2.0 .
XenForo already has such feature .
(2016-11-22, 07:33 AM)iturdu Wrote: [ -> ]When people make long quotes sometime it decreases the page loading speed .

Does it?

At a database level it still has to pull the entire post.
(2016-11-22, 08:24 AM)Andro Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't in stable and faster internet connections, IMO. However 3-4 images quoted in a post looks ugly and takes almost double space on the thread view. So expandable quotes would be a good inhancement.

yes maybe the issue is due to internet connection . But this enhancement is very good .
(2016-11-22, 08:37 AM)Andro Wrote: [ -> ]Something similar (not exactly same suggestion) i had bring into the notice while due to less replies it got vanished and left in the previous pages. Big Grin

https://community.mybb.com/thread-196948.html

So this would correlate each other and should be a relief for many forums who use 20 posts per page or so many images in the quotes.

in 1.8 suggestion forum there is a suggestion for 1.8 .
Perhaps when quoting it should remove any image tags because it really isn't necessary to quote images.
(2016-11-22, 02:04 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps when quoting it should remove any image tags because it really isn't necessary to quote images.

If we were to do that, it would certainly have to be a setting. I don't mind collapsing quotes, though how does it work without JS?
A reasonable request imho that I support.
This seems like a good idea. I support this.
I support it as well, just for the sake of avoiding long annoying quotes.
Already implemented this to my 1.8 forum, so i would definitely use it in 2.0.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!
Pages: 1 2