MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More and better default help articles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now, there is still the 7 RC4 had. I think it's time they got a revamp. Maybe some of the articles from the wiki could be ported to the help section of MyBB forums. And anyways, since 1.4's a biggie, it's probably time Toungue
We welcome specific suggestions on what people would like on these default help documents. I don't think we should put information there just for the sake of having them if nobody reads them.
DennisTT Wrote:We welcome specific suggestions on what people would like on these default help documents. I don't think we should put information there just for the sake of having them if nobody reads them.
Maybe people would read them, if they were linked to from certain pages. For instance, maybe on the New Thread page you could have link to the help article on BB-Codes and actually use the system to help users out. Right now, I think it is pretty much wasted space. Wiki articles like http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Posting should be included. And maybe even linked to from the New Post page in order to help inexperienced users. Maybe even have a setting in the UserCP to turn on/off helpSmile