MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread views count doesn't match Google Analytics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://forum.trivelo.co.uk/

Any suggestions as to why the Thread views count in the forum does not match the volume of Page impressions reported in Google Analytics?

Forum Thread views count = c. 37k
Google Analytics page view counts = c. 1k

Thanks
Maybe analytics excludes the hits made by bots, and multiple hits by the same IP address. Volume of Page impressions is different to view counts.
(2016-11-25, 02:43 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe analytics excludes the hits made by bots, and multiple hits by the same IP address. Volume of Page impressions is different to view counts.

Just want to jump in and say is the most probable explanation. Anything that loads showthread for a thread = 1 hit in MyBB land, whereas Google tries to do some things to make the statistics a bit more meaningful and realistic.
Thanks guys for taking the time to respond.

Makes sense thanks. Albeit a bit disappointing as I've obviously over estimated the volume of actual/genuine thread views.

I'm assuming there's no way to exclude counting bot hits from myBB view count tracking?
(2016-11-25, 09:09 PM)Trivelo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys for taking the time to respond.

Makes sense thanks. Albeit a bit disappointing as I've obviously over estimated the volume of actual/genuine thread views.

I'm assuming there's no way to exclude counting bot hits from myBB view count tracking?

Not by default, no. Although it's a good idea for improvement or a plugin, to give some options wrt how thread count works.