MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: superadmin can be banned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I saw somewhere that it was fixed superadmin can't be banned. I accidentally banned myself (yeah no kidding). I looked in the config file and I have my uid there correctly. I just went into phpmyadmin and fixed it but just wondering about this. Should I send this to suggestions or what?
I would have thought the only person who can ban a superadmin, is the superadmin. Maybe people should just not be allowed to ban themselves.
If you're a super admin, you cannot be edited, banned, or deleted by other people, but as it is right now it doesn't prevent you from doing so to yourself.
Well it is a stupid person that bans themselves but I have auto-fill on in Opera out of habit I clicked the wand and it entered my name instead of what I had in my clipboard. I just thought it was fixed that superadmin couldn't be banned under ANY circumstance...which imho should be considered. Let's say I hack superadmin account..create myself another admin account and ban the superadmin while I am logged in as that account...n00bish admins would be rather perplexed to be locked out of their own accounts.

Either way...I will obviously take a bit more care in the future and thank you for answering my questions.