MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change text of warning button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi lads,

Tried to search the forums but couldn't find the solution. 

Does anyone know how I can change the text of the warning button?

[Image: oxSwaMm.jpg]

Many thanks in advance!
in /inc/languages/english/global.lang.php

$l['postbit_button_warn'] = 'Warn';
Change Warn to whatever you want.
I prefer this way.

AdminCP > Configuration > Languages > English (American) > Options > Edit language variables > global.lang.php > Edit > postbit_button_warn.

Change the text and save.
(2016-11-30, 01:51 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]in /inc/languages/english/global.lang.php

This would be the recommended way.
(2016-11-30, 08:59 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 01:51 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]in /inc/languages/english/global.lang.php

Hello Ben can I ask why you say this is the recommended way?

I have often read that it is best make changes in the AdminCP as much as possible.

Thank you.
(2016-12-01, 01:31 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-30, 08:59 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]

Hello Ben can I ask why you say this is the recommended way?

I have often read that it is best make changes in the AdminCP as much as possible.

Thank you.

File edits should always be a last resort, by doing things in the admin CP, you ensure that your input is validated, and severe issues are avoided (I.e. editing a php file could cause loading issues if you make an error, the admin panel, if I recall correctly, avoids this issue altogether).
(2016-12-01, 02:41 PM)Deatives Wrote: [ -> ]File edits should always be a last resort, by doing things in the admin CP, you ensure that your input is validated, and severe issues are avoided (I.e. editing a php file could cause loading issues if you make an error, the admin panel, if I recall correctly, avoids this issue altogether).

Yes that's what I thought too.

Be interesting to know how others make changes as I always try to do as much as possible from AdminCP
(2016-12-02, 12:04 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-01, 02:41 PM)Deatives Wrote: [ -> ]File edits should always be a last resort, by doing things in the admin CP, you ensure that your input is validated, and severe issues are avoided (I.e. editing a php file could cause loading issues if you make an error, the admin panel, if I recall correctly, avoids this issue altogether).

Be interesting to know how others make changes as I always try to do as much as possible from AdminCP

You can use the AdminCP or if you feel comfortable you can do direct language file edits. It's your personal preference. That being said if you do direct language file edits, please understand the possible issues that can occur. Let us know if you have any further questions Smile
(2016-12-02, 02:51 PM)Deatives Wrote: [ -> ]

You can use the AdminCP or if you feel comfortable you can do direct language file edits. It's your personal preference. That being said if you do direct language file edits, please understand the possible issues that can occur. Let us know if you have any further questions Smile

Yes I know. I wasn't asking the question.

The OP asked how to change the text and got two answers, then Ben said it was recommended to do it in core files. I was trying to get clarification on why he said it was best as he is on MyBB Staff.

But thank you anyway.
(2016-12-02, 03:05 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-02, 02:51 PM)Deatives Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes I know. I wasn't asking the question.

The OP asked how to change the text and got two answers, then Ben said it was recommended to do it in core files. I was trying to get clarification on why he said it was best as he is on MyBB Staff.

But thank you anyway.

Oh I see. Hopefully @Ben can provide some clarity on why he recommends file edits over using the AdminCP soon Smile