MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to stop spammers from registering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, so Stop Forum Spam is now core. Great. So I have deleted the plugin.

What I am not clear about is what I am supposed to be doing now... No sooner did I remove the plugin (that was malfunctioning anyway), than a spammer registered.

I cannot find any settings in the admin board.

Any insights?

TIA
Already checked that. Not there Sad
(2016-11-30, 10:36 AM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]Already checked that. Not there Sad

try to use google Nocaptcha Recaptcha instead of MyBB default captcha and try to add different questions on registration .
I had the questions set (it was a different plugin), but had problems on SOME mobiles, so I had to do away with them.
I don't have captcha because personally... I hate it Big Grin and would like to avoid extra plugin if at all possibile.
Where would I find what you suggest? In the MtBB plugin repository?
(2016-11-30, 10:47 AM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]Where would I find what you suggest? In the MtBB plugin repository?

if you asking about google Recaptcha then go to www.google.com/recaptcha then add your site and copy the private and public keys from there and open your mybb admin panel >>> Configuration >>> General Configuration >>>
below Default Language select Recaptcha or Nocaptcha Recaptcha its your choice and paste your keys .
Thanks,
I'll look it up Smile
(2016-11-30, 11:00 AM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks,
I'll look it up Smile

also read docs :
https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/spam/
Thanks. Very useful indeed Smile
You are always welcome .
if you have enough mods/admins around the globe to have someone up almost all the time, you can run a plugin to require approval for first post.
Pages: 1 2