MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FTP cache?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I deleted an image in a folder, but the image still shows in the path on my site even though it's deleted.

I purged the files in CF and hard refreshed, still shows even though it's deleted on FTP.

Any idea why this is?
Are you sure it was the right image? tried in a new browser? Try sticking a query string on the end of the URL.
(2016-12-01, 12:07 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure it was the right image? tried in a new browser? Try sticking a query string on the end of the URL.

Yes to the first 2, the image still shows in a different browser.

What do you mean query string?
Sounds like it's the wrong image then, what's the URL it's showing on?
(2016-12-01, 12:26 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it's the wrong image then, what's the URL it's showing on?

It's images/groupimages/english/staff.png

I've deleted the staff.png from the english folder through that path.
Sorry, I mean the full URL so I can access it. Can you printscreen the folder in FTP too?
I think it is still Cloudflare cache, I can see these in the request headers:

[attachment=37938]

The middle one means it's hit the Cloudflare cache still.

Also when I go to images/groupimages/english/staff.png?test (the bit after the ? is what i mean by a query string), I get a 404, as Cloudflare sees this as a new URL so won't be cached.
(2016-12-01, 01:22 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is still Cloudflare cache, I can see these in the request headers:

Also when I go to images/groupimages/english/staff.png?test (the bit after the ? is what i mean by a query string), I get a 404, as Cloudflare sees this as a new URL so won't be cached.

How do i fix this problem?

I've purged cache on all files on Cloudflare.

Edit: Solved this. Just re-purged like 5 times lol.
(2016-12-01, 01:27 PM)Graze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-01, 01:22 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is still Cloudflare cache, I can see these in the request headers:

How do i fix this problem?

I've purged cache on all files on Cloudflare.

Edit: Solved this. Just re-purged like 5 times lol.

CloudFlare gives you multiple caching options, including the option to cache based on query string, or to ignore it altogether. Glad to see that your issue was resolved be sure to mark your issue as "solved" at the top Smile