MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot Upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 1.6 version and want to upgrade to the new version so I have downloaded the full 1.8 package, copied the the files inside the Upload folder to the root of my forum, and when I get to localhost:8000/install/index.php this is what I get:

[Image: 2ueX8XG.png]

I guess it works, and then when I click Upgrade to MyBB 1.8.8 this is what I get

[Image: QaQrwxU.png]

Now when I try to login using a superadmin account, it just redirects me back to the same page without giving errors. I tried using incorrect username and passwords and it shows error though when I enter the superadmin account it just redirects me back to upgrade.php without giving any errors or so on..

Did anyone experienced this also? Any help would be much appreciated.
clear your browser cookies ; close your browser ; reopen it & try again
or try using a different web browser
(2016-12-02, 03:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]clear your browser cookies ; close your browser ; reopen it & try again
or try using a different web browser
I did. Same problem though
if you have forum online & if it is a legit forum (see support eligibility policy)
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check the issue