MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backing up attachment directories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see that the attachments are kept in monthly directories (likely to limit they number in each directory).

Now, if, a month later (or even minutes later if I do this around midnight of the first of the month) I do an "Update attachment" on a post from the previous month, will the attachment be added to the current month's directory, or will it replace the previous version in the previous month's directory?

Practical use: in one case I just have to backup the current month's directory (and the previous month's on the 1st of the month), otherwise I have to scan all other directories for possible updates.
Answering myself after some experimentation:

The new file is put in the directory of the current month, and the old file is deleted from the directory .
(2016-12-04, 05:59 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: [ -> ]Answering myself after some experimentation:

The new file is put in the directory of the current month, and the old file is deleted from the directory .

HI there. I apologize I wasn't able to provide an answer. I actually reached out to MyBB Support on Discord but was unable to a clear enough answer for me to write a response. I'm glad to see you were able to self answer your question Smile