MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trust Scan Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I requested this features as inbuilt in mybb 2.0 but it not accepted and peoples suggest me to make a plugin for this, So i am posting my request and plugin development here. You can check my old thread here : https://community.mybb.com/thread-206030.html

Let me explain you :

These days Internet is Full of scammers, Fake peoples and due to this everyone getting in problem and feeling unsafe to browse the forums and another sections of internet and they are really confused whom to trust and not. Reputations system help peoples to find some trusted members of forum but it also not help more.

I founded some popular forum they also use MYBB but they have custom additional function called trust scan which show details explanation about the members of the forum so peoples can believe them before making a conversation or deal with them. (Example Hackforums)

Screenshot :

[Image: 34440d31ef2943a496ef81d99c3175c0.png]

[Image: 63f3488288384c6891cf516ab1512ae6.png]

If this Features built in Mybb Plugin then it will going to make a big change and result in decreasing the fake profile and scammers. I and other member will feel happy to have this features.

Please comment and what is your suggestion about my thought.
Requires a custom plugin. Most likely you won't get it for free.
Hello Sazze.

I am not requesting as custom plugin, i want someone here to build this plugin for all mybb members. So we can protect our community members and make Mybb forum site and Internet more safe. This is just my suggestion. if anyone contribute and make this plugin then it will going to be big change and help for mybb members.
Looks cool, good luck.
I will pay someone to create this plugin for me. Lmk
I'am able to realise this plugin, if any have interest pm me with budged offer. I think no one will code this for free in his spare time. I'am still coding other plugins at this moment for free and it will be huge plugins wich cost much time.
And i think we are on the same side if i say no one will do this just for fun because you say its for community. Or will you code it for free on your self?
What about this makes you feel more secure? There's literally only 4 fields in that list that would really be helpful and are not already in MyBB: username changes, deal disputes, and the 2fa fields. Latest IP matching other users could be useful, except most VPNs use shared IP addresses which means two separate people could easily visit the same site with the same IP. Deal disputes isn't even a core feature so we can ignore that, which leaves 3 fields. Every single other field in that list is pointless if someone uses a VPN to login. I could log into this website with a different IP every single time and that means nothing. Sure you could see that my IP changed between logins, but that is in no way proof that I'm not the one logging in. Additionally, I would feel less secure knowing someone could just type in my profile id and look at the last time i changed my password or email.