MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login not possible, when pw as same as username on registeration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have an issue with my forum. That issue is that  if you register and your password is as same as your username, you won't be able to login afterwards.

E.g. 

On registeration:

Username is: test444
Password is: test444

User registered and logged out afterwards.
User tries to log in now, but User gets error: "You have entered an invalid username/password combination."

How it should work
When you register here on the community forum and you enter the same username as pw, you will get an error:
Quote:
Quote:The password you entered is the same as either your username or email address. Please enter a stronger password.

I have no idea whats causing it, i thought it would be my modifications on the member template and the validator from member.php so i can remove the confirm email/pw, BUT i reverted the changes to test and i still don't get the error.

Help appreciated.

Forum link here
It's likely a bug in Flyover, since it suppresses errors to accomodate registrations without an email and a password. I might have messed it up not adding a check for when the registration process happens with Flyover or not.
Any chance you can fix it?
(2016-12-05, 11:09 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance you can fix it?

Temporarily can you use password resets to fix the account? I'd recommend putting a note on the registration page about the bug so people will know. That's the best advice I can give for now Smile
Sure thing, but as you may already know my spare time is limited.
Yes, i am aware your spare time. Just don't forget it. Smile
(2016-12-06, 07:42 AM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, i am aware your spare time. Just don't forget it. Smile

Looks like this is something the plugin developer will have to address. In the meanwhile add the notice on the registration page about the bug.
(2016-12-06, 12:37 PM)Deatives Wrote: [ -> ]In the meanwhile add the notice on the registration page about the bug.
I will, thanks.