MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redesign profile page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think you should redesign the strucutre of the user's profile page to make it look similar to the one in the photo attached (not equal, similar). With that said the user profile page should have:

1) A background image, which could be changed by the user at anytime;
2) A profile picture, of course;
3) The name and rank of the user;
4) A left/right side bar where it would be displayed the latest profile visitors, user followers, and other important activity (including the options of sending the user a PM or an email);
5) It could be included a way for the user to associate his social network accounts to his forums account and display the social accounts/pages on the side bar mentioned above;
6) A more user friendly interface;
7) In the other side (next or before the sidebar), it could exist a section where it would display user's posts, comments, likes and comments from other users.

Please do not take this into the wrong way, as I am only trying to help you build a better software.

Thank you,
Pmx Big Grin
Would love the background image, gives users an way to express themselves and show their creativity with custom profiles. (Almost every big social network has that and modern forums should too, taking ipb as example)
(2016-12-04, 01:52 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]Would love the background image, gives users an way to express themselves and show their creativity with custom profiles. (Almost every big social network has that and modern forums should too, taking ipb as example)

Yes, exactly. IPB is a good example of that!
MyBB is a forum software not a Social network .
Background images is suited best as a plugin in my opinion .
In 1.8.x you can add a background image by creating a custom profile field there is a tutorial in Tutorials section .
Aren't they already redoing profiles? I don't see the point in making it like IPB.
They should remain different softwares.
We are already redoing the profiles for MyBB 2.0.
Hi,

Your MyBB 2.0 suggestion has unfortunately been rejected. Your suggestion does not fit with the direction that MyBB is heading in as a project at this time.