MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let users see their threads that are pending approval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So something I've noticed with MyBB is that there isn't a way to see your own threads that are pending approval, lets say you made a typo, minor mistake, or decided you'd no longer wish to say something. There isn't a way to see those threads that are pending and make changes or revoke the thread. I think users should be able to preview their own threads that are pending and should be able to have a little more control over their content in that aspect. Your thoughts?
I agree that it would be nice if pending posts were editable and viewable by the poster.

There is an odd behavior when posting a thread in a section that requires approval. The poster hits SUBMIT and then sees nothing. They get no indication their thread was created.

At the very least a statement like "Your post has been submitted. This section requires moderator approval before the post is public viewable."

But I agree that OP should have edit and view permissions.
(2016-12-04, 07:21 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that it would be nice if pending posts were editable and viewable by the poster.

There is an odd behavior when posting a thread in a section that requires approval. The poster hits SUBMIT and then sees nothing. They get no indication their thread was created.

At the very least a statement like "Your post has been submitted. This section requires moderator approval before the post is public viewable."

But I agree that OP should have edit and view permissions.

If anything a private message being sent to the user. Just some form of acknowledgement. I used to have users posting the same thing five times being confused about the behavior.
(2016-12-04, 07:58 PM)Andro Wrote: [ -> ]Makes sense to me. People often end up by making multiple threads in sections where threads requires approval. Showing them the post with under moderation notice would be good enhancement.

Back when I still ran my old forum (now handed off to my co-admin, no longer involved) we used PHP In Templates to show messages specific to groups, sections, etc, to explain the whole approval thing. It reduced the amount of duplicate post requests but not completely.
Yes agree, add it please. I also made my experiences that users tried to post on a forum that requires approval, then started to make the same post on another forum because they probably didn't know it needed approval (even though it was clearly stated).

Maybe something like this:
[Image: 660ca5ee0784455ab45a1cdddbaa6ac2.png]

This would just appear if there is an awaiting topic from you. If you click on it, it'll bring you to some user control panel page where you're able to see the awaiting approval topics listed down and be able to edit them.
(2016-12-04, 10:42 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]Yes agree, add it please. I also made my experiences that users tried to post on a forum that requires approval, then started to make the same post on another forum because they probably didn't know it needed approval (even though it was clearly stated).

Maybe something like this:
[Image: 660ca5ee0784455ab45a1cdddbaa6ac2.png]

This would just appear if there is an awaiting topic from you. If you click on it, it'll bring you to some user control panel page where you're able to see the awaiting approval topics listed down and be able to edit them.

That's an awesome proof of concept Smile
Users should definitely be able to see and edit their topics awaiting approval (if editing is enabled for the forum). I'm not sure why things work as they do at the minute.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!