MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want to change to a new host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I want to move my forum to a new host can anyone please explain on the steps to be taken?A step by step procedure.

Tristam
You basically need to backup your existing database, then copy over your MyBB files from the old server to the new one. Restore the database and then update inc/config.php with your new database information.

You may also find this tutorial handy: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=15343
1) Backup database
2) Download and save all files from your old server
3) Restore database on to new server
4) Upload all the old files on to the new server
5) Update any settings if applicable (paths etc)
All the steps are ok but the table prefix must be same as the old host.But it is different in my new host.
You can change the table prefixes from phpMyAdmin, but it may take a while since you would probably need to rename them all individually. I'm not aware of a way to rename multiple tables at once through phpMyAdmin.

If you open your database backup in a text editor however, you should be able to search/replace your old table prefix for the new one, then save the backup again. Just as a precaution however, I recommend keeping a spare copy of the original backup if you try this.

Also, remember to also update the new prefix in inc/config.php if you do change the prefix.
I don't find any table prefix in the whole document.Please help.
You'd need to search for the old prefix, and replace it with the new one.

If for example the old prefix is old_ and the new prefix is new_, then use the search/replace tool of a standard text editor to search for and replace all occurrences of old_ with new_.
I know that.My database's name is voldemort_db so what is the prefix? Please also tell me how to do whatever you said above about the phpmyadmin.
If you open up inc/config.php on your old server, you can determine what your old table prefix is by looking at the value of $config['table_prefix'].

Your database name and table prefix are two different things however. If it's only the database name that needs to change, then that's not such a big deal after all. Just follow the original instructions, but change the value of $config['database'] to your new database name in inc/config.php on the new server.
The table prefix is mybb_ so what do I change.I was in a confusion.Now I don't know what will be the table prefix in my new host.
Pages: 1 2