MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add prefix to title metatag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there

I've myBB 1.8.6 and I've read several threads about this but no one solve my problem about "how to add a prefix to title metatag" so I will show some screenshots:

[Image: eafc936e66d543199c77122b7052ffa7.png]

<< $thread['displayprefix'] is inside <title></title> but ... no prefix is shown, and it's the same with $thread['threadprefix'], please look:

[Image: c60cd414904d406190bca1ae2ea61799.png]

If you pay attention to the right-top corner "[ Solucionado ]"-prefix is not there!!!

The example thread is this:
http://hardforo.com/thread-1735.html

Please help me  Huh
I will look into this for you once I get home and post a solution later.

Edit: [Image: pdbegb.png]

ACP >> Templates >> Showthread Templates >> showthread

find
<title>{$thread['subject']}</title>

replace with
<title>[ {$thread['threadprefix']}] {$thread['subject']}</title>
Hi, thanks for answer but I will quote myself:

Quote:<< $thread['displayprefix'] is inside <title></title> but ... no prefix is shown, and it's the same with $thread['threadprefix']

I've already tried that Sad  both variables are empty!

[Image: d62218b103ca4310ba82c5776b1e9317.png]

Any ideas ?

I guess it's BUG because $thread['displayprefix'] and $thread['threadprefix'] are EMPTY!
(2016-12-06, 07:03 PM)boctulus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for answer but I will quote myself:

Quote:<< $thread['displayprefix'] is inside <title></title> but ... no prefix is shown, and it's the same with $thread['threadprefix']

I've already tried that Sad  both variables are empty!

[Image: d62218b103ca4310ba82c5776b1e9317.png]

Any ideas ?

I guess it's BUG because $thread['displayprefix'] and $thread['threadprefix'] are EMPTY!

Have you tried to hard refresh your cache, flush dns and if you run through cloudflare enable development mode as well as purge cache?
My friend, I've tried using a PROXY SERVER (free-proxyserver.com) with same results: title does not include "[ Solucionado ]" at the beginning Sad

http://hardforo.com/thread-1735.html

Look:

[Image: 27a940421a2e4a3cac3cf2b5cd19ecc6.png]
Do you mind messaging me a temporary admin account so I may take a look at this? (Take a backup before giving anyone anything.)
PM me with an temporary admin account and I'll fix it for you.
Use this plugin
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=661

works fine and it is compatible with Google SEO.
Ok, I've update showthread.php with no results Sad

---
@KingdomScythe: please check for an PM with instructions -- thanks!
Okay. Well, the site is bad. Like, really bad (template-wise). The template has the correct hooks in it, albeit it took a while to find it. You shouldn't have 10+ copies of the same theme/template that aren't being used by anything. It should be showing, the thing is that it isn't though.

Sorry man, don't know what the issue is. :/
I suggest trying what Eldenroot suggested, here.
Pages: 1 2