MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal 400 error occured when changing avatar,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why i'm having internal 400 error after clicking "change avatar" button then the avatar wont change?

im using a free host. never had any issues except this.

its integrated with cloudflare.

default avatar dimension : 140x135
max avatar dimension: 140x135

some random errors
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET `avatar`='./uploads/avatars/avatar_1.jpg?dateline=1481038223', `avatardimensions`='120|123', `avatartype`='upload' WHERE uid='1'
This is a host issue - using a free host will likely result in problems eventually Smile
(2016-12-06, 04:22 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]This is a host issue - using a free host will likely result in problems eventually Smile

I cant see difference between paid and free ones other than that the price itself and the specs.
Well the specs are what you're paying for...

Generally shared hosting is incredibly oversold, so there's too many people on one server, even moreso with free hosting, and the error you have here is a MySQL connection issue which is a common issue with free hosting. Free hosting is a loss leader for hosting companies to entice you in to their paid plans.
Sometimes though paid hosting can be even worse Big Grin
(2016-12-08, 01:38 AM)boctulus Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes though paid hosting can be even worse Big Grin

Not if you Colo.
If you buy hosting from a company that is half decent (i.e., not GoDaddy or HostGator) then you'll be fine.
You should move to a VPS instead. Much more stable than shared.