MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Options for unique forum/thread names and mod changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a couple of suggestions for a future release, these may or may not be in the current version already but I couldn't find anything about them.

Option to force forum and thread names to be unique
It would be useful to have an option to make sure that any new forums and threads are unique.

Option to disallow Moderators from closing threads
For our implementation of MyBB it would be useful if Moderators could not close threads, only Administrators. An added bonus would be if Moderators could request for a thread to be closed by an Administrator.

Thanks
The first one would be better suited to a plugin, if there's enough of a requirement for this - for unique forum names, settings tend to affect how the front end of the forum works rather than configuring the admin, and I think that's quite a niche requirement, and unique thread names is definitely a very specific requirement. I think a plugin would be best for this.

The second one is already possible when adding moderators, as far as permissions for closing threads is concerned; only super moderators will automatically have all permissions in all forums, but regular moderators can have their permissions more finely controlled. Closure requests would also be better suited to a plugin, especially if only restricted to closing threads and not all moderation actions, and this would be a much larger feature than we would be looking to add to 1.8 at this time - it would require permissions for who can do things without requiring a request, which actions do/don't require a request, who can view and action requests, tracking the requests, displaying/notifying, and carrying out the moderation task. If anything, this would be a candidate for 2.0.
Thanks Matt, that all sounds pretty reasonable!
-1 for forcing unique thread titles. Even Administrators may create a Rules or README type thread per forum.