MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Primary User Group Keeps Reverting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently I've been experiencing an issue where it keeps setting every user on my forum to "Registered" and keeps their previous rank in the "Additional User Groups" menu. So it is keeping their permissions but everyone looks like a regular, including me. It started happening when I created a user group that inherited Registered and I tried adding a couple people to it. After I noticed what happened, I took the users out of the group and deleted it, but it's still happening. Another issue is when I try to set myself back to my custom "Owner" group, it gives me an error. I can set other people to Owner and those people can set other people to Owner but not me.
[Image: fb9705ba-d634-4e0c-acbf-160e674d0a18.png]

URL: https://www.saltyservers.net
MyBB Version: 1.8.8
Have you tried setting yourself as a super-admin in config.php to bypass that? Also update MyBB and you might just have to enter in your password correctly as the error message states.
(2016-12-09, 03:37 AM)Deatives Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried setting yourself as a super-admin in config.php to bypass that? Also update MyBB and you might just have to enter in your password correctly as the error message states.

I'll try the super-admin thing. Also it says MyBB is up-to-date.

The password error is weird. I'm using the Admin CP and have tried logging out and back in with the correct password and it shows that error. What I'm trying to do has nothing to do with passwords so I don't know why I'm getting that as the error. If I had the wrong password I wouldn't be able to edit other profiles in the Admin CP.

Update: I went to switch myself to Super-Admin and realized my browser was automatically putting my password in the New Password box and leaving the New Password Confirmation box empty which resulted in that error.

So I'm able to set myself as Owner now, but my forum keep putting people at Registered for some reason and I don't know how to replicate the problem. I just know it's happened twice in the past couple of days and it started after creating a group inheriting Registered.
*bump*

I'm assuming this got buried.
Do you have any plugins that do anything to usergroups, or any group promotions set up?
I have a group promotion that I don't even remember setting, which sets people to Registered. I would've never thought of that, thanks.
After disabling the group promotion and adding people back to their groups, it started putting people back again. Any other ideas?
You must still have something set up somewhere, it'll be hard to know exactly what without going over every setting and plugin in your forum. Is there no pattern you can see with who it happens to?
(2016-12-13, 10:10 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You must still have something set up somewhere, it'll be hard to know exactly what without going over every setting and plugin in your forum. Is there no pattern you can see with who it happens to?

Not exactly. It seems to do it right after I do one but it varies in number of how many before it resets.
Can you list your plugins? I don't really know what to suggest, it can't change itself back on its own, there will be code running to do it but by default there isn't logic to just randomly change people's usergroups. There's no ability for people to join and leave groups in their User CP?
Pages: 1 2