MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making a member a Moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there and easier way to make a member a "Mod" other then going into "Forum Management" > Manage Forums > Subforums/Moderators for each and every forum assigning a mod? I have 15 categories (forums) I would have to do that for all of them. Wanted to make a member a mod in "one click" for all the forums at once.
Thanks.
Then make them a super moderator!
That makes them a mod in all forums at once?
Yes - and they'll have permissions like an administrator without the Admin CP access.
Though you can set their permissions to access the ACP! Depends on how much authority you want to give them!
Thanks for the help. Just to make sure I am doing this right, do I go to

Admin CP > Users and Groups > Search for Users > List All Users > (find the user I want to make Super Admin) > Primary User Group > scroll down for Super Moderators, and click.

Plus, I am not sure what the "Secondary User Groups" tick boxes are for and is there a way to have the Supermods screen name appear under each forums title (that they are Supermod)?
You can create a new group as like supermoderatör. And then you can give other permissons.
corky Wrote:Thanks for the help. Just to make sure I am doing this right, do I go to

Admin CP > Users and Groups > Search for Users > List All Users > (find the user I want to make Super Admin) > Primary User Group > scroll down for Super Moderators, and click.

Plus, I am not sure what the "Secondary User Groups" tick boxes are for and is there a way to have the Supermods screen name appear under each forums title (that they are Supermod)?

Yes. If you change a users primary usergroup to the super moderators group, they automatically become super moderators. Secondary user groups allow you to also add the users to additional usergroups, but if you don't need to, you can just leave the checkboxes unchecked. For more information on usergroups, see the releated wiki article: [Wiki: Usergroups] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead).

Although super moderators can moderate all forums, their names aren't listed in the forum moderators list for each individual forum. Instead, they are displayed on the forum team page, (showteam.php).

Also, to find the users you want to manage quicker, just search for them by username on the "Search for Users" page rather than listing all users and then scanning through what could be a long list. Wink
Thanks MM and everyone, making more sense to me now.