MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disallowing links in posts for specific groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there,

i think it would be nice to have an option in group settings to disallow links in posts (detects subject too), with the option that if they reach x posts that restriction gets lifted. Where "x posts" would be definied by the adminstrator and 0 is default.

The main reason i am suggesting this is because i received a lot of spam the previous months and a lot of spam preventions didn't help (including mybb inbuilt stuff) until i added added a plugin that disallows "http://" for an users first post. The plugin is not optimal since it just redirects you to "no permission" page and doesn't give you a reason why (now imagine normal users would use a link on their first post, whatever and their post would be just gone). None the less, bots still register, like 2 per day, but they aren't able to post anymore, which solved the issue for me in general.

So i am proposing that a well made function for 2.0 (would even like to see in this in 1.8 still) would be a great addition that adminstrators could make use of.

E.g. if you hit "new thread/reply" button, it'll give you some ajax message, telling you that you are not allowed to use links until you have x posts. 

Let me know what you think.
Thanks for the feedback. Smile