MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updated contact information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's be honest, our contact information fields list old websites/softwares. I have never used ICQ, AIM and Yahoo(to contact), the only ones that are used more nowadays are Skype and possibly Google Talk(is it?).

I think we should move on and add contact fields that many people use, like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and even YouTube. Discord is currently becoming a great growing platform that seems to be beating Skype in many ways. There are others like Reddit, but they don't seem to fit as a contact field (same for YouTube), but that's what MyBB users add as a contact field. Since I started using Discord, I completely ditched Skype, but I prefer to atleast list my Twitter account that I actively use.

In my opinion, ICQ, AIM and Yahoo should be removed from MyBB 2 and replaced into Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and YouTube. I guess we can discuss that as a community, since I am not sure if many of us use one or many of these platforms that I listed to be removed or disagree with platforms that should be added.

EDIT: Not a Google+ or a Google Talk user, not sure if they are the same or if one should replace the other.
Currently in Mybb 2.0 contact details are contains Website , Twitter , Skype only .
I think addition of Google Talk (current Google Hangouts) and Facebook would be nice .
The contact fields will be profile fields that can be added/edited/deleted by Admins. The defaults haven't been settled upon, but more than likely will be at least the Website, Twitter and Skype currently in the Alpha.
I agree that things have changed since then but that is why we're working on a new version. I think we should have twitter, facebook, discord, and skype by default and then the option for admins to add their own.
(2016-12-11, 04:26 AM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]The contact fields will be profile fields that can be added/edited/deleted by Admins. The defaults haven't been settled upon, but more than likely will be at least the Website, Twitter and Skype currently in the Alpha.

(2016-12-11, 03:10 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that things have changed since then but that is why we're working on a new version. I think we should have twitter, facebook, discord, and skype by default and then the option for admins to add their own.

I have always said that the means for communicating change frequently, and the list of popular services may vary from site to site. I like what Starpaul20 said. We shouldn't need a new version of MyBB when Skype is no longer popular.
(2016-12-12, 07:08 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-11, 04:26 AM)Starpaul20 Wrote: [ -> ]The contact fields will be profile fields that can be added/edited/deleted by Admins. The defaults haven't been settled upon, but more than likely will be at least the Website, Twitter and Skype currently in the Alpha.

(2016-12-11, 03:10 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that things have changed since then but that is why we're working on a new version. I think we should have twitter, facebook, discord, and skype by default and then the option for admins to add their own.

I have always said that the means for communicating change frequently, and the list of popular services may vary from site to site. I like what Starpaul20 said. We shouldn't need a new version of MyBB when Skype is no longer popular.

Exactly.