MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyISAM vs InnoDB for MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2016-12-13, 05:05 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]@laie_techie - I got this error

#1061 - Duplicate key name 'message'

One more thing - my DB size went from 20 MB to 37 MB after migration from MyISAM to InnoDB, is it normal? Thank you

Eldenroot,
That "Duplicate key" error means you didn't really drop the indexes (as indicated in a previous post). You may want to run "Optimize Database" since you changed the engine, as that could improve look-up queries. Other than that, you're done!
I did, I run all according to the tutorial.

So should I drop them again?
Try this:

<?php

define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("NO_ONLINE", 1);
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);
require_once "global.php";
if(!$mybb->usergroup['cancp'])
{
error_no_permission();
}
$tablelist = $db->list_tables($config['database']['database'], TABLE_PREFIX);
foreach($tablelist as $table)
{
$db->write_query("ALTER TABLE "  . $table . " ENGINE=Innodb");
echo "Converted table $table to Innodb.<br />";
}
echo "Table conversion complete.<br />";
?>
(2016-12-13, 08:08 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I did, I run all according to the tutorial.

So should I drop them again?

In post 4 of this thread, you said you dropped the subject and message indexes. Since you got the duplicate index error following my instructions, that means you didn't really drop them. This is fine since my latest instructions were just to undo dropping the indexes.

I haven't done a lot of research on disc space needed by each of the database engines, so I can't tell if the jump from 20MB to 37MB is normal.

What you should care about is page generation times - specifically how much time is spent executing queries.
Page generation times:
- index:
Page Generation Time: 236 ms
No. DB Queries: 21
PHP Processing Time: 57 ms (24.31%)
DB Processing Time: 179 ms (75.69%)
Extensions Used: mysqli, xml Global.php
Processing Time: 168 ms
PHP Version: 7.0.10
Server Load: 1.79
It is normal that it takes a bit more space in the database from my experience. Also, for Innodb engine, there is no optimize command.
@dragonexpert - thank you!

I made some changes in my site - page speed is improved a lot but maybe still need your feedback if the loading time is not high
Everything works fine except: show related threads table below the posts.

It is not shown (without any error). So please advise me what to run in my phpmyadmin to fix this Sad
Pages: 1 2