MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8.x - Check StopForumSpam Functionality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

Just wanted to know if anyone has come across an issue where "Stop Forum Spam" is entirely missing from MyBB 1.8.8? I know it's meant to be a built in feature, but it looks like my site has completely stopped banning spammers. I used to have the plugin, then I uninstalled it, upgraded, and it hasn't worked since November. The setting group is not there.

I have tried clearing the settings cache already.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: I found something that helped me re-add the settings. I'm just not sure if its actually working. Are there any other files I should check for?
Uninstalling the plugin when on 1.8 already unfortunately deletes both the plugin's settings and the core settings. As long as you've added the settings back manually, it should be working now I believe.
(2016-12-14, 06:25 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstalling the plugin when on 1.8 already unfortunately deletes both the plugin's settings and the core settings. As long as you've added the settings back manually, it should be working now I believe.

How does one do this? I uninstalled SFS 1.2 (ancient) without realizing core settings for SFS would vanish. Without the settings being visible, is it still operating based on my most recent configuration? A guide on how to restore the settings would really be appreciated.

Edit: What should I use as an identifier?
(2020-05-31, 03:43 PM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]How does one do this? I uninstalled SFS 1.2 (ancient) without realizing core settings for SFS would vanish. Without the settings being visible, is it still operating based on my most recent configuration? A guide on how to restore the settings would really be appreciated.

Probably you could run the upgrade script to get those settings back. Settings will be re-created with MyBB's default values.

That is, get the upgrade script ready according to https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrad...he-upgrade ,

then append /install/upgrade.php to your forum URL and enter,

select the version your forum currently is on and click next,

click next till the upgrade process is finished,

the settings should be re-created now.

Remember to take a database backup before doing this and make sure you don't have files from a newer release than your current one.
I was able to reinsert the settings group within phpMyAdmin. Looks like it might be resolved (the actual settings weren't deleted, just the group.)

(2020-05-31, 03:57 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-31, 03:43 PM)mrdeltoid Wrote: [ -> ]How does one do this? I uninstalled SFS 1.2 (ancient) without realizing core settings for SFS would vanish. Without the settings being visible, is it still operating based on my most recent configuration? A guide on how to restore the settings would really be appreciated.

Probably you could run the upgrade script to get those settings back. Settings will be re-created with MyBB's default values.

That is, get the upgrade script ready according to https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrad...he-upgrade ,

then append /install/upgrade.php to your forum URL and enter,

select the version your forum currently is on and click next,

click next till the upgrade process is finished,

the settings should be re-created now.

Remember to take a database backup before doing this and make sure you don't have files from a newer release than your current one.

Thanks for the help! I didn't refresh this page before replying. I think I've got it sorted. I opened the database and the individual settings were still present. I was able to replicate the settings group from an old database (GID, etc). Thanks!