MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: COPPA Compliance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Even when set to "Deny" it still shows the COPPA Compliance & Permission form link during registration.

[Image: d4w0.png]
[Image: d4qq.png]

This could be a bug or something that was just simply left out.
I dont understand what your problem is exacly

check if your setting are correct
and provide more information about this issue
Of course it does - how would it know to deny users under 13 if it does not ask their age?

If you don't want it to show up, then the setting value you need is 'Disable this feature'...
Seems you're both misunderstanding my post entirely, let me explain.

Let me know if I'm wrong about something.

1. Enabled: COPPA Compliance is enabled and parental permission can be given via the permission form.
2. Deny users under the age of 13: COPPA Compliance is enabled but parental permission cannot be given via the permission form.
3. Disable this feature: COPPA Compliance is completely disabled and the board does not comply.

The problem here is when Deny users under the age of 13 is checked it still shows the following string:

"If you are under the age of 13, parental permission must be obtained prior to registration. A parent or legal guardian will need to download, fill in and submit to us a completed copy of our COPPA Compliance & Permission form."

Why show the form link when it's disabled because Deny users under the age of 13 is checked? That's just that much more confusion for guests.
Okay, I missed the word "link" in the first post Wink
(2016-12-15, 09:41 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I missed the word "link" in the first post Wink

No problem, it's very likely I was poorly explaining the situation.
I agree that this should probably be hidden if the 'deny users under 13' is set in the admin cp:

"If you are under the age of 13, parental permission must be obtained prior to registration. A parent or legal guardian will need to download, fill in and submit to us a completed copy of our COPPA Compliance & Permission form."

also to note, the coppa link in the admin cp as well as the one on the registration page are dead links.
(2016-12-15, 10:18 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]also to note, the coppa link in the admin cp as well as the one on the registration page are dead links.

We could maybe link to the wiki page for it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's...ection_Act or https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business...7s-privacy
I can make a PR - just tell me which link do you wanna to add? I vote for wiki
(2016-12-18, 07:55 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I can make a PR - just tell me which link do you wanna to add? I vote for wiki

Wiki would fit best considering it's what MyBB uses for "What is RSS?" on misc.php?action=syndication
Pages: 1 2