MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible bug with "Additional groups" not being detected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so let me illustrate it like this:

My primary group on my forum is e.g. Management (custom group that was created).
My additional group is "Administrator".

Now lets for example go to "Purge Spammer" settings and Select groups for "Administrator" only.
Now i go to some user profile and hit "Purge Spammer" on Moderator Options and what you get next is: "You do not have permission to access this page."

So the question here is, why doesn't it recognize the additional group of me and allows me to purge the spammer? And if thats intented, why does the "Purge Spammer" appear in the first place?
If i add "Management" on "Purge spammer" settings, it allows me to purge the spammer, thus it works with the Primary Group.
Sounds like the page isn't using is_member. However there's an issue about that feature on github so this may be a duplicate (need to recheck)
I can confirm this issue on 1.8.12. I could not find anything relatable to this in GitHub so I'm going to push this as a new issue.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2813

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group