MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Something that might be usefull to have!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that when someone tries to log into the admin section and enters the wrong password, an email gets sent to inform the admin of the attempt.
Shouldn't this be improved upon, so any failed log in attempts can be noted.

I have watched several times people trying to log into my board but failed to do so. And these were not web bots.

They were hack attempts and it would be usefull to be notified about an attempt and also have the ip address logged in the email too. Then maybe some action could be taken to ban these ip address's and stop the hackers from trying again.

Just a thought.
hmmmm. For general log-ins I think it's bad... Maybe if 3 failed login attempts and then it started sending email/stopped login attempts.
Any login or even attempts i would like to be loged in the database or something. That would be realy nice!
If this was made, I'd like the email to be sent to the user account's email address. I don't want to see every single incorrect password problem at my email.
DennisTT Wrote:If this was made, I'd like the email to be sent to the user account's email address. I don't want to see every single incorrect password problem at my email.
I understand that if you are a admin of a board then the email load can become overwhelming, but how many people would bother to report a login attempt that had been sent to thier email address?
I would rather deal with the problem myself. I.e log the ip address and then ban it.
obiwan Wrote:I would rather dela with the problem myself. I.e log the ip address and then ban it.

What helps u as long as the user gets the new IP from his host and another innocent user will be temporarily baned