MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copy of forum under subdomain using same settings?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum running under domain.com/forum.
Now I want a similar forum with nearly the same settings and plugins on subdomain.domain.com/forum

I made a copy and paste of the database and the folder of the forum under domain.com and pasted it to subdomain.domain.com/forum. Both should have their own databases, because the original one is linked to domain.com and the copy is linked to subdomain.domain.com

Permissions in forum folder of subdomain.domain.com have been corrected and .htaccess was edited too.

Whenever I want to change stuff in AdminCP of subdomain.domain.com/forum it also changes settings of domain.com/forum and vice versa.
I can change settings (especially cookie settings) manually in settings.php of subdomain.domain.com/forum. They even don´t change when I save new settings in the AdminCP, which proves, that subdomain.domain.com seems to use the same settings file as domain.com/forum.

I´m pretty sure I just missed something obvious.
They won't be using the same settings file, but unless you've updated ./inc/config.php, they'll still be using the same database

(2016-12-17, 06:34 PM)OlDirty Wrote: [ -> ]Both should have their own databases, because the original one is linked to domain.com and the copy is linked to subdomain.domain.com

This isn't what determines what database they use, so sounds like you need to update the config file.
Thank you!
Now I can edit settings for both on their own.
But my cookie problem stays. 

Cookie settings for subdomain.domain.com:
subdomain.domain.com
/forum/
Cookie settings for domain.com
domain.com
/forum/
Both with no leading dot "."

Can´t login/-out on subdomain.domain.com but when I do that on domain.com it also applies to subdomain.domain.com
It shouldn't apply it to both now that they're using different databases - if they're wrong, you'll need to edit them in ./inc/settings.php first, then you'll be able to log into the ACP where you'll need to change them again.

The settings for the subdomain one are correct, the other one will need the dot at the start.
They both definitely use their own database now. I did that by editing settings.php.
But the problem with cookies persists.

Further info:
domain overwrites cookies of subdomain. As soon as I´m logged of on domain, I can log in and out on subdomain without effect on domain.com.
But as soon as I log in on domain again, I´m logged in on subdomain, no matter whether I was logged out before. And then I can´t change that state anymore on subdomain

I already tried setting a prefix for the subdomain cookie.

I have no problems with AdminCP at all.
Oh, yes, they'll probably both need a prefix then, I forgot about that issue with having both with the same base domain.
Now it works perfect, thank you very much.
Just had to clear cookies in browser once afterwards.