MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable moderators from seeing IP address of users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I disable moderators of forum from seeing IP address of the user that has posted?

Thanks
As far as I know, you can either set Moderators & Admins, Everyone, or No one. There's no option to exclude moderators from seeing IP posts. I'm not sure about plugins or anything like that - but stock install, nope. You can't.

[attachment=38017]
(2016-12-18, 09:50 AM)Downfall Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, you can either set Moderators & Admins, Everyone, or No one. There's no option to exclude moderators from seeing IP posts. I'm not sure about plugins or anything like that - but stock install, nope. You can't.

I agree in the stock version that is the only way. The next best thing is going to be adding some PHP code to prevent moderators from seeing I.P address's.
You might try to create a different user group with mod capability. Some permissions are coded into the user group name.
(2016-12-18, 09:50 AM)Downfall Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, you can either set Moderators & Admins, Everyone, or No one. There's no option to exclude moderators from seeing IP posts. I'm not sure about plugins or anything like that - but stock install, nope. You can't.

From where I can find this option?
(2017-06-13, 08:46 AM)Longer Wrote: [ -> ]

Anyone?
(2017-07-03, 07:10 AM)Longer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-13, 08:46 AM)Longer Wrote: [ -> ]

Anyone?

Open up Admin Control Panel then you can go into Configuration -> Settings -> Posting -> Show Posting IP Addresses then check "Do not show IP"

But that does it only on posts, to do it in Private Messages go into the Admin Control Panel -> Configuration -> Settings -> Private Messaging -> Show Private Message IP Addresses and check "Do not show IP"

And if you don't want IP's in the Moderator Logs go into Admin Control Panel -> Templates -> [THEME] -> Moderator Control Panel Templates -> modcp_modlogs then find & remove:
<td class="tcat" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->ip}</strong></span></td>
Then you must also remove:
<td class="{$trow}" align="center" valign="top">{$logitem['ipaddress']}</td>

You can also still view the Moderator Logs IP addresses in Admin Control Panel -> Tools & Maintenance -> Moderator Log

Sincerely, 

Carson.