MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to install on Host!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to install on my host (1and1), but it will not connect using the Host, Username and Password that I use in Filezilla to connect to the site.
It is an SFTP connection, does Mybb install accept that type of connection?
I look on my host site but it does not allow me to create an FTP connection as well as an SFTP one.
Can anyone help?
Quote:It is an SFTP connection, does Mybb install accept that type of connection?

MyBB doesn't ask for FTP information, it asks for database information. You need to create a database (ideally MySQL) using your host's control panel.
This isn't a MyBB issue as it's not even been uploaded yet, this is purely a server issue. You'll need to ask 1and1 if you can't connect to the server, it's not something we can help with.
I think I have got a bit confused!
I think I should have used the format that I use in my connection code, that I use for other db's.
Sorry Matt, I had uploaded, I was trying to run the installer. I did not make that clear.
In that case, your FTP/SFTP login details are totally unrelated to the database details - as Nathan said you'll need to create a database in your 1and1 control panel, but again we can't really help with what details you need to enter, as we don't know either, 1and1 would be the best people to ask.