MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Able to log into ACP fine, but can't log into the actual Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys so I'm having a problem on my site where I cannot log into my site.  I'm able to log into my ACP just fine, no problems at all, and no users have been experiencing login problems but myself.  I've tried to clear my cache and cookies, nothing worked, we even reset the site (it was brand new anyways) and I was still having the same Problem, and just that night before it started happening, I could log into my site fine. 

I think I may have tampered with a few of my  Google Chrome settings, but I'm uncertain.  I think this might be a problem with the website as well, and I was wondering if anyone had some insight of what could actually be happening with my Forum

Forum link: https://forumrage.net/

Website's SSL might not be working right now, but that's because I reset the site and installed a newly fresh MyBB.
I've ran into this issue a few times in the past. Usually changing the password to your account fixes it if you've ran all those other checks.
(2016-12-20, 02:36 AM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]I've ran into this issue a few times in the past. Usually changing the password to your account fixes it if you've ran all those other checks.

I've done plenty of experimenting with the site, from removing the theme, to putting a new theme, to changing my password, and even registering, it doesn't work.

I've registered, and I've obviously gotten back in but it's a pain in the lime to create a new account each time and just set my roles back from AdminCP, it's just useless space, and I don't need 10 admin accounts, and yes I know I could delete them but I'm what you call a Lazy administrator.

I've had other Forum developers help me out, and we've hinted at what might be the problem but haven't actually found out what has been the problem with the site.  I've changed the passwords many times for my accounts and everything doesn't work out as the way I want it to work out.  My other members on the site are able to Login fine, including my staff members, but I'm the only one that is not able to login, and I'm not sure if there's something that I've done in the Chrome settings or not, but I've looked through the help docs on this Forum, and I've seen other forums saying to try the same method was posted, (Check cookies on your settings, and your servers' ACP) and obviously that doesn't work.  

I was hoping to find someone that would help me out in finding the actual issue, that someone would preferably be an Admin on the site or staff member on the Site that knows what they are doing.

Thank you for your response, nonetheless, but that's not what I am looking for.
Have you made any modifications to the core MyBB files?
(2016-12-20, 03:51 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made any modifications to the core MyBB files?

Not that I know of, no.

I've also made contact with my other Forum Administrator and he said no.
I'm getting a DNS unresolved error?
(2016-12-20, 08:11 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a DNS unresolved error?

Yeah not sure what happened now, I'm going to have a talk with the person that hosts' the Forum right now, and return with input on what has happened.

Please PM me though, I have a few questions.
How did you get on with your webhost? Were they able to verify any DNS issues on their end? I've had this in the past. Caused by core edits and by DNS on the hosts. They just have to clear it off on their network and the forums ran smoothly again with no issue.
(2016-12-20, 09:08 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]How did you get on with your webhost? Were they able to verify any DNS issues on their end? I've had this in the past. Caused by core edits and by DNS on the hosts. They just have to clear it off on their network and the forums ran smoothly again with no issue.

They said that it could possibly take up to 24 hours for their side to get fixed.  I'll probably update the thread once my site is up.
(2016-12-20, 09:10 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 09:08 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]How did you get on with your webhost? Were they able to verify any DNS issues on their end? I've had this in the past. Caused by core edits and by DNS on the hosts. They just have to clear it off on their network and the forums ran smoothly again with no issue.

They said that it could possibly take up to 24 hours for their side to get fixed.  I'll probably update the thread once my site is up.

Okay the other questions you had, is it anything I could possibly answer or does it require staff attention?
Pages: 1 2