MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Flatty attachment trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The attachment button disappears on the theme Flatty and I do not know how to make it come back.
Can upload attachments with other themes just not that one. Sorry I don't know any of the info you may need to troubleshoot the trouble. I'm new to all this.
Hi there that is a bug with the theme itself. I would suggest you use the Bugtracker and report the issue to the creator as they may be working on a new updated version. Once I get home I'll upload the theme and see if I get the same issue and try to work a resolve for you.
Thank you Mr. Nasyr that is really nice of you.

MikeInToshx

I'm having a simular problem, seems like it gives an error when trying to upload a .jpg and not a .png file.
My button does not dissapear, tho. It just gives an error when you want to upload a .jpg image.
I am submitting the bug right now.

Edit: submitting a bug is not working, gives an error:

[attachment=38036]
(2016-12-22, 04:18 PM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a simular problem, seems like it gives an error when trying to upload a .jpg and not a .png file.
My button does not dissapear, tho. It just gives an error when you want to upload a .jpg image.
I am submitting the bug right now.

Edit: submitting a bug is not working, gives an error:

I have the same issue even on my own releases, reported to the team here.
My apologies that you are having issues with our bug tracking systems, I have passed this on to the relevant team members for review.
OK, People I know it's not the theme now! It's the NEW version of CometChat v6.3.0 that keeps removing the attachment button from the forum. It removes the attachment button From ALL Themes with the exception of the main theme. I spoke with tech support about this and this is what they said

Hello,
"We have deprecated all themes with our latest version of CometChat. You can read the changelog at the following URL:
With our latest version of CometChat, we have modified the UI of CometChat and all other features are same as CometChat v6.1.0.
If you want to use a long bar of CometChat on your site then you can use CometChat v6.1.0." 
If you want to use older version then you need to download that older version and install it again.

So I try to install the older version and you got to be a level 3 GOD to install that program. I don't care if you do word for word what it says it will not install right. How I know I did install it right is their OLDEST version will show up on the forum but won't work. and v6.1.0 won't show up at all. I don't care what you do. I did just what it said and it will not work. NOW their newest version (v6.3.0) works like it should except it removes the button.

O and I had to look up Deprecated

deprecated meaning

1. Express disapproval of.  he sniffed in a deprecating way"
synonyms: deplore, abhor, disapprove of, the frown on, take a dim view of, take exception to, detest, despise; More
2. another term for depreciate (sense 2).
"he deprecates the value of children's television" 

I thank, I don't know. But I think they just told me, that it don't work with MyBB and they disapprove of using it with MyBB. IS this the way I need to take this?
(2016-12-21, 06:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The attachment button disappears on the theme Flatty and I do not know how to make it come back.
Can upload attachments with other themes just not that one. Sorry I don't know any of the info you may need to troubleshoot the trouble. I'm new to all this.

Hello DeepBlue,

The issue mentioned will be updated in our next release 6.3.1, which we plan to update today by EOD.

Warm Regards,
Mike D
CometChat
I would like to add something about CometChat. CometChat has the BEST support you will ever see. They back their product 110%. They NOT only fixed my trouble. They did it quickly.

I'm not here trying to sell it to you. Just saying if you buy from them they will stand behind what they sell. I, on the other hand, will pay for support EVERY year that comes around.

CometChat™ Get's ALL A's From me on support.
Sorry about starting this thread. It was just because I did not know how to fix the trouble. Or even know how to check to see what was causing the trouble. I'm a .net programmer and never did forums in my life. let alone web based programming. Heck, it took me over 20 hours to even find out that cometchat was what was doing it. I wish there was someone or somewhere I could just go and pay someone to set up the forum so I can get on with my work.

To cometchat
I would like to see API's for that program so I could integrate .net app to receive and send chat msg I would pay big money for that function.