MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DB Import Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting problems with my database backup import. It shows stuff like:
In 4 hours 

that is referring to the last post time on the index page, and when I reply to the thread it takes my post to the first OP and still displays that time. It's completely broken?

Need some help, I'd prefer to PM the IP to staff to take a look.
anyone?
URL? How did you import the database, via phpMyAdmin? It sounds like your data has actually changed, but a simple import wouldn't do that.
(2016-12-30, 11:55 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]URL? How did you import the database, via phpMyAdmin? It sounds like your data has actually changed, but a simple import wouldn't do that.

Strange, I've just checked and the post which saids "In 4hours" has now changed to "5 minutes ago"

It seems as the time is behind from the import and its waiting to catch up to the actual time the post was posted..

anyway to speed this up? Everything apart from this is working tremendously.
It doesn't really work like that, the dates are all stored in the database as timestamps, if anything it sounds like the time on your server is wrong?
(2016-12-30, 06:46 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't really work like that, the dates are all stored in the database as timestamps, if anything it sounds like the time on your server is wrong?

Would that play a part in this problem? I still have not figured this out. I cant change the server since it keeps doing this, and the recent posts do not work after making a test post. Sometimes my post goes to the top of the thread. 

Basically what I've done:

1) Downloaded my DB via Phpmyadmin
2) Imported the DB onto my new server, with the same MyBB version, etc.
3) This problem is now displaying on the index and forum display, saying the last post was "In so many hours" 
4) When I post on the thread which saids this, it does not update, nor display the post on recent posts

So could this actually be due to the server time or something?
Yes, dates are just stored as a timestamp and then formatted, which uses the server time - if that's wrong, then all dates will be wrong. There was another user with the same issue recently and the issue was an incorrect timezone on the server.