MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have some questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some questions about my forum.

• How do I change the " Last Post " to show " minutes, hours, days, weeks ago " instead of the full date like : " 2016-12-28 "
  • How do I remove the post icons? 
  • Is there anyway to remove the checkbox : "  Signature: include your signature. (registered users only) " ? I want signatures always to show on posts, and that you can't choose this by your own.
  • Can I remove the " Thread " count from user profiles and only show posts?
  • How do I disable the option to " email " a user and only use the " PM " option?

Thanks in advance! 
To answer your last one I can do it from my mobile.
ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > THEME > Member Templates > member_profile
Remove the following code from the page;

<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->total_threads}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2">{$memprofile['threadnum']} ({$lang->tpd_percent_total}){$findthreads}</td>
</tr>
(2016-12-22, 07:11 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]To answer your last one I can do it from my mobile.
ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > THEME > Member Templates > member_profile
Remove the following code from the page;

<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->total_threads}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2">{$memprofile['threadnum']} ({$lang->tpd_percent_total}){$findthreads}</td>
</tr>

Thank you very much! That helped. I appreciate it.

Now I only need some help with my other questions. Smile
Removing the signature checkmark, you'd have to remove that line of code from your newthread, editpost, newreply templates.

Here's a tutorial on how to completely remove post icons from your forum
https://community.mybb.com/thread-90769.html
(2016-12-22, 06:57 PM)Psyche Wrote: [ -> ]I have some questions about my forum.

Do you mean the icons that appear when you make a new post like the little icons at the top of a new thread?
(2016-12-23, 09:04 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Removing the signature checkmark, you'd have to remove that line of code from your newthread, editpost, newreply templates.

Thank you. That solved it. Smile

(2016-12-24, 02:00 AM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you mean the icons that appear when you make a new post like the little icons at the top of a new thread?

I mean the icons next to the thread to the left. 

I would also like to remove the " Reply to this topic " option and only use the " Quick Reply " on the bottom of the topic. Is there anyway to do this as well? 

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help!
(2016-12-28, 08:07 PM)Psyche Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-23, 09:04 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Removing the signature checkmark, you'd have to remove that line of code from your newthread, editpost, newreply templates.

Thank you. That solved it. Smile

(2016-12-24, 02:00 AM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]

I mean the icons next to the thread to the left. 

I would also like to remove the " Reply to this topic " option and only use the " Quick Reply " on the bottom of the topic. Is there anyway to do this as well? 

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help!

you should have a template called showthread_newreply (It's either that, or something similar) it's under your Show Thread template set. Just completely remove the code in there and save it.

^ That will remove the Reply button at the top of the showthread page.

If you want to also remove access to the New Reply page, you can edit the newreply template and add a meta redirect which would take them back to the previous page (thread) they were on.