MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: add a maintenance page option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I think it'd be very useful and more aesthetically pleasing if mybb 2.0 added a maintenance page option where an admin can upload an image or specify a path for an image that can be used when the forum is down for maintenance. within those settings should be an option for user groups to bypass the maintenance page so any actual work can be performed without being impeded by some image you put up.

this would look much nicer than the board offline option in the 1.X series, in my opinion.

I think drupal allows for this and possibly joomla.
I agree. I was going to do something like this yesterday when I was upgrading to 1.8.9 but found out that it didn't accept HTML or MyCode.

In addition to those settings it would be nice if the maintenance page was also a template that you can edit to suit your needs.
php artisan down

Puts the application into maintenance mode, with a customizable view. Laravel already provides this, it's just a matter of having a switch in the ACP to call it.
(2016-12-23, 10:07 AM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
php artisan down

Puts the application into maintenance mode, with a customizable view. Laravel already provides this, it's just a matter of having a switch in the ACP to call it.

nice. Euan did mention it was already part of laravel so hopefully it isn't too big of a task to get this implemented in the admin cp.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!
great!
(2016-12-23, 10:07 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
php artisan down

where do I find the "php artisan down"
(2018-10-26, 03:02 AM)HeatChill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-23, 10:07 AM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
php artisan down

where do I find the "php artisan down"

You'd type it into a console window.