MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't find MySQL under Windows XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to install MyBB on a old Windows XP system. So far I've gotten the Apache webserver and PHP working correctly. The problem is the MySQL daemon. I can clearly see that it's running when I look at the process table but MyBB installation fails to see that it's running and says:

Supported DB Extensions: None

MyBB requires one or more suitable database extensions to be installed. Your server reported that none were available.

The version of MySQL I installed was mysql-essential-5.1.45-win32.msi which seems to work with XP.

What am I missing? Do I need a different version? Do I need to set something in the config file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
not sure what is wrong with your setup, why not use simple XAMPP server !
(2016-12-23, 03:52 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]not sure what is wrong with your setup, why not use simple XAMPP server !

I tried that earlier. the problem is that I also have a regular website that I want to run under the same instance of Apache. When I added the directory Apache crashed and wouldn't restart.

If I try XAMPP again should I also use the MyBB plugin?
Not sure what you mean by MyBB "plugin", but this sounds like your PHP installation not being set up with any MySQL extension installed.