MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Automatically flag a support thread as solved when you select a best...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a proposal that many of you may agree with. When you mark a "best answer" in a support thread it should mark the thread as solved. In addition consider removing the manual solved toggle. It'll encourage people to mark a best answer and reward those who helped. Your thoughts?
It should already do this, it's something I need to look at as I've never been able to reproduce the bug on my local copy.

I'll be updating MySupport soon so it should be fixed then.
I agree on this matter. For a long time I've been asking people to mark their thread resolved so the team is aware the issue has been fixed.
Remove the manual toggle too though. Require them to select the answer that solved their problem.
Like Matt said MySupport is going to be updated soon and this should be fixed then. This is just one of many things we have in the works.
(2016-12-24, 10:34 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Like Matt said MySupport is going to be updated soon and this should be fixed then. This is just one of many things we have in the works.

That's good because I think it would be easier. I open multiple support threads at a time to help and seem to find a lot resolved.
Meanwhile if anyone can look at the code and see why this doesn't work, I'd be all ears Toungue Like I say it was designed to already do this and does on my local copy so unless we have a modified version running here, I can't see why it doesn't work.