MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable the ability to sticky thread at the top?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for a switch that disallows users other than moderators or admins to make a thread "sticky" at the top of a forum. I think everyone thinks that their post is important enough to stick at the top of a forum. I'd like to leave that decision to mods and/or admins.

Is this possible?
You must have enabled something to give users that ability, as by default general users can't sticky threads. Do they have access to other moderation options too?
(2016-12-24, 08:07 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You must have enabled something to give users that ability, as by default general users can't sticky threads. Do they have access to other moderation options too?

Not that I'm aware of. Where would I look? I'm talking about the default "registered" users.
Yeah, they don't have the ability to stick threads by default. Have you added the registered usergroup as a moderator? Not sure what else it could be... PM me admin login details if it's not group moderators.
(2016-12-24, 08:48 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, they don't have the ability to stick threads by default. Have you added the registered usergroup as a moderator? Not sure what else it could be... PM me admin login details if it's not group moderators.

Doh!! I found it! I had set my test account to be a "super moderator". Once I remove that capability the "sticky" checkbox went away. Thanks!