MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with v1.2.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've installed MYBB a number of time - but i'm having problems with v1.2.8

The forum installs fine , But brings up a http/headers cgi error message when looking at the newly installed forum for the first time .

<quote>
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.
</quote>

Using a different bowser the newly installed forum looks and works like normal as a guest - but if you try login - it brings up the same cgi error message .

I've asked my windows web hosting company about it and they said it could be a number of things and couldnt really help .

Just posting to ask if anybody else has had the same problem ..... and to ask if v1.2.7 is still available for download so i can give it a try .
Sounds good to me - will give the DennisTT suggestion a try and post the results .
<quote>
If you still have access to the Admin CP can you enable the standard headers in Admin CP --> Settings --> Server & Optimization Options?
If you don't have access to the Admin CP, download inc/settings.php from your server, and use a text editor other than Notepad (so Wordpad, Crimson Editor for example) and find $settings['standardheaders'] and set its value to 'yes'
</quote>

Could still access the Admin CP and tried the above .

No joy - still the same cgi error .
Nothing in the server log that i can see - but then i've never really paid much attention to server logs and dont know what i should be looking for .

I've tried joining as a normal user and made a test post and everything works fine .

The problem only appears when you try to login as the admin .
Even though the cgi error still appears - the admin name gets shown in the list users .

The attached image shows this .
Is there any progress reports for this issue - or will it be wait until the next version is released .

Not getting at anybody , Would just like to know one way or other so i can install another forum if its going to take a while to fix .
Hi,

Can you contact your web host and get them to read the following and install the patch if necessary? http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...-US;884764

Let me know if that works, if it doesn't I have a few other things that can be tried.
No problem - will post the web host reply - or say if it works or not .
Chris Boulton Wrote:Hi,

Can you contact your web host and get them to read the following and install the patch if necessary? http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...-US;884764

Let me know if that works, if it doesn't I have a few other things that can be tried.

The following is the reply i got from my web host after giving them the above url .

The hotfix in that article is not publically available, you have to contact Microsoft support and show that you have a problem that would be fixed by that patch to get it. Hotfixes released in that manner are not yet properly tested, which is why they only recommend it if you are "severley effected by the problem" (quote from that page). For those reasons, we can't install the hotfix on a shared web server relied on by many customers, especially since I believe it is unlikley to fix your issue. The fact that it occurs only on one specific page backs that up, the Microsoft article indicates it would randomly occur.

The error you are getting is a generic one which can occur for many reasons. It just means that the PHP process that is processing the page is not sending correct data back to IIS. The most common cause is a severe script error.
Ready when you are chris to try the other suggestions you mentioned .
Pages: 1 2