MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wiki support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there

I installed a fresh build of my bb 1.8 on an Ubuntu 16.04 spin.  The forums are up and running great.  I want a Wiki to go with the forum and was unable to get the plugin to run.  I installed TikiWiki for now.  Would anyone know how to either get the MyBB wiki to work or use the MyBB username password authentication with TikiWiki I would appreciate it.

FWIW the error I receive when attempting to install MyBB Wiki is: 
yBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1101 - BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'lastauthor' can't have a default valueQuery:CREATE TABLE mybb_wiki( id INT(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, authors TEXT(255) NOT NULL, title TEXT(255), content TEXT, protected INT DEFAULT '0', lastauthor TEXT(255) DEFAULT '', lastauthorid INT(8), notepad TEXT(255) DEFAULT '', category TEXT(255), original TEXT ) ENGINE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

(2016-12-27, 11:24 PM)socrates Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there

I installed a fresh build of my bb 1.8 on an Ubuntu 16.04 spin.  The forums are up and running great.  I want a Wiki to go with the forum and was unable to get the plugin to run.  I installed TikiWiki for now.  Would anyone know how to either get the MyBB wiki to work or use the MyBB username password authentication with TikiWiki I would appreciate it.

FWIW the error I receive when attempting to install MyBB Wiki is: 
yBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1101 - BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'lastauthor' can't have a default valueQuery:CREATE TABLE mybb_wiki( id INT(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, authors TEXT(255) NOT NULL, title TEXT(255), content TEXT, protected INT DEFAULT '0', lastauthor TEXT(255) DEFAULT '', lastauthorid INT(8), notepad TEXT(255) DEFAULT '', category TEXT(255), original TEXT ) ENGINE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

I got the mybbWiki to work.  It's nice, but certainly primitive compared to the Tikiwiki.  Does anyone know how to share user db across myBB and Tikiwiki?  The Tiki admin cp looks like it has native support for phpBB, but I run myBB and would prefer to stay with it.
Hi, similar but different - how do you install the myBBWiki plugin?! I've copied all the files to all the normal places, Admin CP recognised it and activated it, but nothing has actually happened. The [settings] thread in the plugin section for it doesn't seem to actually do anything!

I've had a look through the support here and on GitHub and can't find any installation notes.

And all the templates seem to be there....
Hey rockingit, I'm the developer for the MyBB Wiki plugin. Do you want to PM me a test admin account, so I can take a look at it? Smile

Cheers
Adamas

---

And socrates, try following the instructions in this GitHub issue: https://github.com/Krytic/MyBBWiki/issues/1
Hi guys,

@rockingit
Same thing with my site. I manually had to create a topmenu link for the wiki.
You can test your wiki if you type in the browser address field http://yourwebsite/wiki.php

To create a topmenu link, go to AdminCP - Templates &Style - Templates - Your theme templates -Header templates
Here you have to edit header_welcomeblock_ guest and header_welcomeblock_ member

I added "<li><a href="{$mybb->asset_url}/wiki.php">Wiki</a></li>" at the menu top_links part of the code.

@Adamas
I use your wiki and I like it a lot. But is it possible to add the myBB default WYSIWYG editor to the wiki? I don't want my users to create entries with the phpMarkdown 'coding' Wink

Many thanks,
StoneG
(2017-02-14, 05:26 AM)Adamas Wrote: [ -> ]Hey rockingit, I'm the developer for the MyBB Wiki plugin. Do you want to PM me a test admin account, so I can take a look at it? Smile

Cheers
Adamas

---

And socrates, try following the instructions in this GitHub issue: https://github.com/Krytic/MyBBWiki/issues/1

That would be fantastic, thank you!  PM on it's way.
Unfortunately I have been waiting for bug fix version over 4 months without any feedback _(

I tried fix php issues myself but my php knowledge is not the best Sad

Is there anybody who can fix them (probably php 7.0.x related)
(2017-02-17, 03:20 PM)StoneG Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

@rockingit
Same thing with my site. I manually had to create a topmenu link for the wiki.
You can test your wiki if you type in the browser address field http://yourwebsite/wiki.php

To create a topmenu link, go to AdminCP - Templates &Style - Templates - Your theme templates -Header templates
Here you have to edit header_welcomeblock_ guest and header_welcomeblock_ member

I added "<li><a href="{$mybb->asset_url}/wiki.php">Wiki</a></li>" at the menu top_links part of the code.

@Adamas
I use your wiki and I like it a lot. But is it possible to add the myBB default WYSIWYG editor to the wiki? I don't want my users to create entries with the phpMarkdown 'coding' Wink

Many thanks,
StoneG

Hey StoneG,

Change the setting "Use Markdown Parser?" to "No" in the Settings page of the Wiki module in the Admin CP. This disables Markdown, enables MyCode, and enables the MyBB WYSIWYG editor. Smile

(2017-02-17, 05:30 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I have been waiting for bug fix version over 4 months without any feedback _(

I tried fix php issues myself but my php knowledge is not the best Sad

Is there anybody who can fix them (probably php 7.0.x related)

Hey Eldenroot, sorry I haven't been responsive lately. Work has become very demanding, I'm currently working a nearly 50 hour week, starting and finishing at odd times of the day. Plus I'm about to be moving back to University soon. I try to update the plugin as I can, but I can't always release timely versions. Smile
Hi, thanks for your reply. There are only 2 php error which must be fixed. Everythink else is not a must have. About work and university, I understand, my Ph.D. was really time consuming during my part time job... But now again in work it isnot better Sad