MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to allow users to create new forums and order the forums in home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do I

- all my registered users to create new forums

- how can I sort my forums alphabetically in the home page

- how can I completely remove the 'board statistics' table from the home page

thanks BB gurus..
-HM
hypermails Wrote:how do I

thanks BB gurus..
-HM

1. Registered users cannot create forums unless they have access to the admin cp. Otherwise, this would require a mod/plugin.

2. You can only sort forums by display order, so you would have to set the position of each forum manually. There is no way to sort them automatically by default.

3. See my reply to your other thread for information on removing the board statistics section from the index page.
- which mod/plugin is this ?
thx
-hm

Musicalmidget Wrote:
hypermails Wrote:how do I

thanks BB gurus..
-HM

1. Registered users cannot create forums unless they have access to the admin cp. Otherwise, this would require a mod/plugin.

2. You can only sort forums by display order, so you would have to set the position of each forum manually. There is no way to sort them automatically by default.

3. See my reply to your other thread for information on removing the board statistics section from the index page.
I'm not sure if there is a plugin that does this, correct me if im wrong anyone Big Grin
any help here.. I need to allow my users to create new forums..
Sriram

Joe114 Wrote:I'm not sure if there is a plugin that does this, correct me if im wrong anyone Big Grin
hypermails Wrote:any help here.. I need to allow my users to create new forums..
Sriram

As MusicalMidget stated earlier, you will need to allow specific users to have access to the AdminCP in order for them to create new forums. You can limit the user's AdminCP privileges to only managing/creating forums, but they will have the ability to edit and delete other existing forums.

If allowing specific users access to the AdminCP is out of the question, you will need a code modification or plugin. You can request one to be created in the Code Modifications forum:
http://community.mybboard.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9