MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: quote or multiquote spinner spinning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have MyBB 1.8.9 new installation loaded with database imported from a 1.6.8 upgraded to 1.8.9.
All of default theme and default templates are unmodified. A new theme and template is based on an older 1.6.8 theme, however those modifications are isolated to the new theme.

Quote and multiquote does not work at all if "XMLHttp request features" is disabled. In Quick Reply, clicking on "Quote these posts" now results in direction to New Reply and quoted text is not brought forward.

If XMLHttp request features is enabled, the spinner goes without stopping, and no result. I have completed the mods related in the sticky post for any Inline Mods problem.

I'm open to suggestions, otherwise I'll bump backwards to 1.8.8 and try that.
Can we have your URL and a test account?
(2016-12-31, 12:17 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Can we have your URL and a test account?

Sent by PM. Thanks.

I'm not sure if Matt visited site last night.
at the URL, I created a clean 1.8.9 install with defaults everywhere except changes as noted in forum posts.

URL is holeefooks.com/forum

I do not know if there is an underlying problem with server configuration.
Host is 1and1.

full admin username has been sent PM to Matt, otherwise
registered user (not admin) is 456 / password
take a look
I think the multiquote issue is because the change to general.js doesn't seem to be there - it still has this:

secure: cookieSecureFlag,

The multiquote uses cookies to save which quotes you've selected so this wouldn't be working. The quick reply worked fine for me, though.
Thanks Matt.
I did not modify general.js in this clean install. Once I did the quoting worked as expected.

My next step will be to import the database to pick up old forum posts and users.
If I do that, and delete all themes and templates from ACP, does that cause system to use only MyBB Master theme? If yes, then all should work as expected. Then can create the Default theme. Correct?

Thanks Matt.
I have managed to get the themes and templates working, perhaps it was not necessary to do it the way I proposed, but it did not break anything in the process.
I am working to put all the themed graphics into place, then all should be good.
Thanks again.