MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Topics and threads don't show up unless I refresh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://ignitiontest.x10host.com/index.php

It doesn't seem to be running slow, but when I reply to a topic or make a new thread it automatically posts but doesn't show up on the main page or even the thread itself unless I enter it and have to refresh it.

No active plugins on my site as I'm just testing cosmetic changes..

EDIT: I reply to a post...go to the main page and it doesn't show. Then I refresh it and it shows. I go back to the thread I replied to and it doesn't show..I refresh it then it shows.

Doesn't matter which browser I use or anything I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT2: And in most pages in general I have to refresh at least once for changes to take place. Whether that's editing, or viewing who's online page.
It looks like your host has Varnish installed which is a page caching system - it looks like you're using free hosting, this is something free hosts often do these days to reduce the load on their oversold shared servers. It's unlikely they'll disable it, so you'll probably need to change hosts if it's an issue.
If I upgrade to their premium service (x10premium) would that solve this problem?
I have no idea, you'd have to ask them Smile
Okay they said I can disable it by putting this in the htaccess file. Thanks for replying!

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

What are the downsides of not having Varnish? He said it was to improve speeds but it's doing the opposite.
On a site your size it would have absolutely zero benefit, for sites with thousands of simultaneous users it's worth having but you don't need to worry about not having it,